G. Technical/Legal Documents (to be carefully reviewed)
- Ongoing Funding Agreement: We are committed to cultivating your ideas and bringing them to market so that you can live off of them. The viability of our mission depends on your cooperation in building the strength of this process and platform. Submitting your application is verification that you are willing to contribute up to 5% of the eventual proceeds from your project back to the nonprofit if you are awarded a residency.
- Compliance and Liability: Assurance of compliance: By submitting the application form, the applicant certifies that he/she is in compliance with the statutes outlined below and all related YNR regulations and will maintain records and submit the reports that are necessary to determine compliance. Upon taking residency, you will be held liable for the contents of the house, and for leaving the house the way that you found it after your term of accommodation.
- Release: In the event that you are personally harmed during your stay at YNR, due to seasonal weather or any other natural or human circumstance, the Soltz family, those who comprise the selection committee, or anyone associated with the organization of YNR is not responsible for covering the costs to redress the situation.
- End Product Guarantee: In all cases, the performer maintains the rights to all their own intellectual property and all efforts will be made to ensure that end-products are signed and protected by copyright and with the full protection of the law.
- All applications must be in English.
- Requirements and selection criteria are the same for each residency. There is no quota on how many writers, researchers, or designers are taken for any given residency cycle, but there are only five residency sessions per cycle.
- We do not accept incomplete applications.
- All written work samples and materials must be submitted in the Submittable form. Web links to articles or other work samples will not be accepted, with the exception for visual artists, composers, filmmakers, and in certain cases, designers. You may contact us to discuss alternate ways of submitting materials, if necessary.
- The Submittable form allows you to save and edit information. You do not need to finish your online application in one session. You will be able to save the form and return to it at a later date to revise, edit and add information. Your YNR application will not be complete until you hit the submit button. Once submitted, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application.