The 2018-19 application for a residency is exactly the same for Writers, Researchers, and Designers. Interviews follow selection in all cases. Residency sessions are SEPT: September 1-October 15, NOV: November 1-December 13, FEB: February 1-March 14, and JUNE: June 1- July 15. The California Writing Residency will take place during the APRIL session. Late Applications will not be accepted. If you have questions email email@example.com.
I. APPLICATION CALENDAR
Residency Session Application Available Application Deadline Earliest Notification
ALL RESIDENCIES January 1 April 30 June 1
The CA Writing Residency January 1 February 28 March 1
II. NEW, RETURNING, and INVITED APPLICANTS
- If you are interested in applying for a residency at Yefe Nof, please begin after reading the following guidelines.
- If you have already started working on an application but did not yet submit it and would like to continue working on it, please click here.
- If you were invited to apply to YNR you need to formally register your application by sending a message with the name of nominator to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a direct link to the application.
III. APPLICATION FORM
A. Project description + residency work plan
B. Short answer questions
C. CV or narrative bio
D. Work Sample (optional)
E. How to Prepare and Submit an Application (to be carefully reviewed)
- All applications must be in English.
- Requirements and selection criteria are the same for each residency. There is no quota on how many writers, researchers, or designers are taken for any given residency cycle, but there are only four residency sessions per cycle.
- We do not accept incomplete applications.
- All written work samples and materials must be submitted in the Submittable form. Web links to articles or other work samples will not be accepted, with the exception for visual artists, composers, filmmakers, and in certain cases, designers. You may contact us to discuss alternate ways of submitting materials, if necessary.
- The Submittable form allows you to save and edit information. You do not need to finish your online application in one session. You will be able to save the form and return to it at a later date to revise, edit and add information. Your YNR application will not be complete until you hit the submit button. Once submitted, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application.